Basecamp Trailer Tent 9 Ft. - 4 to 6 Person Tent For Off Road Trailers - by Free Spirit Recreation
Trailer Tents have slowly become a very valid alternative to basic ground tents or off road tents. Less appealing to the eye, but experienced overlanders and camping enthusiasts, who own an off road trailer, know how useful these type of tents can be.
Free Spirit Recreation (Go FSR) brings you this Basecamp Trailer Tent, which is one of the best options for families or big groups that go in off road adventures. This trailer tent can sleep from 4 to 6 people comfortably, as well as giving you enough space to store bags, fishing rods, or other items, and even stand up inside of the tent.
Just take it out of your off road trailer, and place it on top of the trailer racks, and extend the rest of the body sideways as to have a small cabin in your campsite. The comfort will amaze you. The quality and durability will also surprise you, as FSR designed it to last very long and withstand heavy weather.
We offer to you Free Shipping to your nearest FedEx facility, Home Delivery costs an additional $120.
- Made from heavy duty poly-cotton canvas with additional treatments ideal for extreme conditions.
- Unique design allows you to open up for fresh air but close interior storm door and windows without leaving the tent.
- Includes two doors allowing quick access to the backside of the tent. Great for additional sleeping, shower tent, or vehicle access.
- Step stool included instead of a ladder to give you a more functional use including assistance with setting up the awning or cleaning off the top of the tent.
- Upgraded heavy duty stakes to ensure you get the security you need.
- Heavy duty reflective guy ropes ensure you can withstand even the most extreme weather conditions.
- The spacious 9-foot design gives you room for a queen size aero-bed in the main unit.
- 4 custom zippered pockets allow you to safely store important items and electronics.
- 2 wire access ports to let you run extensions cords from either side with built-in flap for rain protection
- Roll-up main storm window half-way to reveal clear PVC so you can enjoy the view.
- Extra thick, medium density mattress to guarantee a great night’s sleep.
- Bunk room separates from the main area with zip-up privacy wall and helps to retain heat.
- Open windows by the bed and let in fresh air without having to go outside.
- Store all of your soft gear including blankets, towels, sleeping bags, pillows, lawn chairs, small tables etc. right on top of the tent under the expandable PVC cover.
- 4- Seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Extreme weather ready
- Polyester-cotton rip-stop canvas
- Fabric weight 14 oz./per square yard
- 800 denier fibers
- Mildew resistant treatment
- Fire Retardant treatment
- UV treatment to extend fabric life & maintain colorfast
- UPF 50+
- Outer doors & windows: poly-cotton ripstop canvas
- Screens: No-see-um-mesh
- Inner doors & windows: poly-cotton ripstop canvas
- #8 Heavy duty SBS zippers
- Frame: 1” diameter steel tubing
- Floorboard: ¾’ high-density marine plywood flooring
- Mounting frame: 2” X ½” welded steel tubing
- Mattress: 4” thick high-density memory foam with removable cover
- PVC flooring & sidewalls: 1200D Heavy duty PVC with 2nd layer for bunk ladder
- 100% waterproof PVC
- Welded seam construction
- UV treatment applied to extend fabric life & maintain colorfast
- UPF 50+
- 1200 denier fibers
- Fabric weight 20 oz./per square yard
- Heavy duty straps featuring Stealth buckles from Duraflex ™
- Heavy duty SBS zipper
- 2” thick Velcro strip for additional water and dust proofing
- Expandable design creates 30cu./ft. of additional soft storage
- Ladder – 18”W X 36”H 3-step aluminum step stool
- Size Opened:
- Stand-up room 9’W x 6”D x 90”H tapering to 70”H
- Bunk room: 5’W x 7’L x 4’H tapering to 18”H
- Size Closed: 84”L x 60”W x 14”H expandable to 24”H
- Sleeping footprint: 78”L x 55”W (Queen size bed is 60” x 80”)
- Sleeping capacity 4- 6 people
- Weight: 275 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 1500 lbs.
- Height of trailer required: Between 45" and 48"
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to bran shipping times may vary. iKamper takes around 30 days to arrive, however all other brands will most likely be at your place between 5 to 10 days after you plced the order.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery.
If your item(s) do arrived damaged please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, then visit our Returns page and lodge your return claim online.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
FSR Basecamp 6 Person Trailer Tent 9 Ft. Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I see the closed dimensions are 5’ x 7’. Can this trailer tent fit a 4’ x 8’ utility trailer?
Hey Ryan, thanks for reaching out! It should work fine, it will just overhang half a foot on each side of the trailer. The other important measurement that you should take into cosideration is that the height of the base of the tent when installed should be between 45" and 48" from the floor. Hope this helps!
Can you ad pictures of it closed up. And also identify the flat folded dimension L-W-H. I'm looking at mounting it over truck bed
Hello! Thanks for reaching out. We're working on uploading closed images of the tent, should have them soon in our product page. The closed dimensions of the tent are 84"L x 60" W x 14" H (expendble to 24" H). Also take into consideration that the height required for the ground part of the tent to work is between 45" and 48". Hope this helps!
Do you have rentals and how much it will cost if you do
We don't! Sorry.
How much does just the trailer wiegh
Hi, this is NOT the trailer, but the TENT. However, you can find the trailer here: https://offroadtents.com/products/overlander-trailer-go-fsr?variant=6738922995751
Trailer wieghs 690 lbs.