Receiving Your Order
How To Handle Your Order
At Off Road Tents we make sure that each order is shipped in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
However, different packages or orders may ship under different types of transportations, resulting in different lead times.
If you purchased a roof top tent, a trailer, a drawer kit, a cargo carrier or an oversized rack (K9 roof racks, Gobi, CBI) IT WILL SHIP WITH AN LTL CARRIER. That means it ships freight.
Please allow from 3 to 6 business days before you receive any of these items. A driver or someone from the carrier will call you to schedule an appointment for a delivery or for you to pick it up. You must sing off the package to accept ir or refuse it.
All other packages ship either ground or air. Please allow from 2 to 5 business days to receive them, depending on where you are located.
Before You Accept Your Package
PLEASE READ THIS
Please inspect your package for damage prior to signing for it. Off Road Tents takes pride in its products and packaging. Every item that we ship out is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Also each package is in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
If a package shipped ground it'll be dropped off at your front door. If you can see the box IS damaged, please contact us immediately at: email@example.com or call us at 844-200-3979. We will need pictures of the box. Don't open it, don't install or use the item. Send images, we will proceed with solving the issue.
If you ordered a roof top tent, a trailer, a drawer kit, a cargo carrier or an oversized rack, then you will need to sign off the item, or refuse it before you can have it.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability ends as far as shipping damage is concerned.
Help protect yourself from loss or damage, or an uncomfortably painful claims process by:
1. Before Signing for your order, inspect the box or boxes for freight loss or damage. Red flags are BIG punctures or any sign of forklift damage (see images 1 & 2 below).
Images showing clear signs of damages that should be refused.
2. If any of the product(s) appear to be damaged or crushed do not accept delivery. Make sure the damages are CONSIDERABLE, and noticeable.
Small tears to the boxes can happen and might not compromise the tent or package, meaning you can accept small tears that don't show clear damage, and are a simple result of being moved around by a few people and trucks.
SEE IMAGE 2 BELOW, it's a small tear that CAN BE ACCEPTED.
Image 2 shows a small tear on the side of a box. This is not considerable damage.
Big tears, dents or signs of clear mistreating the packages shouldn't be accepted (Refer to Images above for reference). Take pictures of the damages from all possible angles. Then, REFUSE the shipment, note the refusal for damages in the document the driver will give you and it will be sent back for processing.
3. It is extremely important that you inspect the box and item for damage BEFORE you sign to receive it. Please take photos of the box on the pallet exactly as it arrives. Please note, the driver will not help with damage inspection. IF you see clear and noticeable damage to your item, please take pictures of the damage and REFUSE the delivery. That way the carrier will send it back and we'll process a new shipment for you.
4. Get a copy or take a picture of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation. BE REMINDED, drivers will try to bully you into accepting a delivery, but if the item is clearly damaged, REFUSE IT.
5. Drivers and carriers might try to re-deliver the same exact item the next day, if they do, REFUSE it once again, and follow the same procedure.
6. If you have any doubt, questions or anything, contact Off Road Tents immediately at 1.844.200.3979 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Even when you have the item right there in front of you, make the driver wait and call us, we will ask you for pictures of the item, and we will help you inspect it and determine if it should be refused or not.
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Off Road Tents cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this by examining before you sign.