Jump To Products
How To Use A Subaru Outback Roof Rack
For those who love adventure, the key to unlocking thrilling outdoor experiences lies in having a vehicle that is both versatile and dependable. The Subaru Outback is just the kind of vehicle. With the Subaru Outback by your side, you can venture anywhere your heart desires while bringing along all your essential gear. And with its roomy roof rack, you can pack even more equipment, making your next outdoor expedition even more exciting.
With its sturdy build and impressive weight capacity, you can pack everything from bikes and kayaks to camping gear, fishing rods, and luggage with ease. Plus, the Outback's roof rack allows for easy and secure attachment of your equipment, so you can hit the road with peace of mind. So, whether you're planning a weekend camping trip or a cross-country adventure, your Subaru Outback roof rack is the perfect tool to help you carry all your gear and make the most of every moment on the road.
In this article, we'll guide you through the ins and outs of using a Subaru Outback roof rack. From basic assembly and installation to advanced techniques for maximizing your storage potential, we've got you covered. Whether you're a seasoned adventurer or a newcomer to the world of outdoor exploration, we'll help you get the most out of your Subaru roof rack.
Installing Your Subaru Outback Roof Rack
The first step to maximizing the potential of your Subaru Outback for outdoor adventures is to install a roof rack. But how do you properly install a roof rack on your Outback? Don't worry, we've got you covered.
The important note: It is important to note that all Subaru Outbacks from 2015 onwards, including the Wilderness version, come with side rails included. Some racks, such as Front Runner, Rhino-Rack, and Thule, grab onto these rails. However, other racks, such as Prinsu, require you to remove the side rails and install the rack over the existing vehicle mounting points or by drilling onto the roof.
While the installation process may vary depending on the roof rack model and your vehicle's year, we've compiled some general steps to help guide you:
- Gather your tools and materials: Before you start installing your roof rack, ensure you have all the necessary tools and materials at hand, including a screwdriver, a wrench, and the roof rack kit itself.
- Prepare the roof: Thoroughly clean the roof of your Subaru Outback before attaching the roof rack to ensure maximum grip.
- Review the instructions: Before proceeding with the installation, carefully read and understand the instructions provided by the roof rack manufacturer. The instructions should provide detailed, step-by-step guidance on how to install the rack properly.
- Attach the roof rack: Depending on the type of roof rack you have, it may attach to existing side rails or require you to remove the side rails and install the rack over the existing vehicle mounting points or by drilling onto the roof.
- Ensure a secure installation: Double-check that the roof rack is securely attached to your vehicle before using it to carry gear. An improperly installed roof rack can lead to damage to your vehicle, gear, or worse, an accident on the road.
- Observe weight limits: Always keep in mind the weight limit of your Subaru Outback roof rack. Overloading the rack can lead to safety issues and damage to your vehicle.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your Subaru Outback roof rack is installed correctly, so you can embark on your next adventure with confidence. For specific details on installation and weight limits, refer to the manufacturer's instructions
Carrying Fishing Rods & Fishing Gear Over Your Subaru
Fishing enthusiasts know the value of having the right gear on hand for their trips. With a Subaru Outback roof rack, transporting your fishing rods and gear becomes a breeze.
Here's how to do it:
Fishing rods can be long and cumbersome to carry inside the vehicle, and taking them apart for transport can be a hassle. By using a roof rack, you can easily secure your fishing rods and other gear on top of your car.
To transport fishing gear on your roof rack, you can use a variety of attachments, including rod holders, tackle boxes, and bait buckets. Depending on your needs, you can choose from different types of rod holders, such as clamp-on, flush mount, or roof-mounted. Tackle boxes and bait buckets can also be attached to the roof rack using bungee cords or cargo nets.
Transforming Your Subaru Outback Into A Mobile Home: Installing A Rooftop Tent
Camping is an outdoor activity that many Subaru Outback owners love to indulge in. But what if you want to take your camping experience to the next level? A rooftop tent is an excellent option for those who want to sleep off the ground and enjoy a breathtaking view while camping. But Before you can embark on your next adventure with a rooftop tent securely fastened to your Subaru, it's essential to acquaint yourself with the proper installation procedure for your roof rack.
Here's how to install one on your Subaru Outback roof rack:
- Ensure that your roof rack has a weight capacity of at least 165 lbs (75 kg) before installing a rooftop tent.
- Read the manufacturer's instructions thoroughly before starting the installation process.
- The installation of a rooftop tent on a Subaru Outback roof rack may require more effort than other accessories.
- Securely attach the tent to the roof rack using brackets or clamps.
- Adjust the tent's position to ensure that it is centered on the roof rack.
- Check all the mounting hardware to ensure that everything is tightened to the manufacturer's specifications.
Once your rooftop tent is installed, you'll have a comfortable and convenient place to sleep during your camping trips.
Carrying Your Gear With Confidence: Using Roof Boxes On Your Outback
Sometimes, a roof rack alone may not provide enough space for all your outdoor gear. In such cases, roof boxes come in handy. They provide extra storage space and protection from the elements.
Roof boxes are another popular accessory for Subaru roof racks. These boxes provide extra storage space for your vehicle, allowing you to easily transport bulky items like luggage, camping gear, or sports equipment. Roof boxes come in a variety of sizes and shapes, so you can choose one that fits your needs.
When installing a roof box on your roof rack, it's important to make sure that the box is properly secured and that it won't shift during transport. Most roof boxes attach to the roof rack using clamps or brackets, and many also come with locks to keep your belongings secure.
Roof boxes are a great way to expand your storage space without sacrificing interior space in your vehicle. They can be especially useful for long road trips or camping trips when you need to bring a lot of gear with you.
Customize Your Outback For Any Adventure: Installing Lights, Maxtrax, And More
In addition to fishing gear, rooftop tents, and roof boxes, there are a variety of other accessories that can be installed on a Subaru Outback roof rack. These include things like off-road lights, Maxtrax recovery boards, and even surfboard or kayak mounts.
Installing additional gear on your Outback roof rack can take your outdoor adventures to the next level. Lights can help you see better at night, while Maxtrax can help you get out of tough spots.
Off-road lights can be attached to the roof rack using mounting brackets, providing extra illumination when driving on dark trails or backroads. Maxtrax recovery boards are designed to help you get your vehicle unstuck when driving off-road and can be easily mounted to the roof rack for transport. Surfboard and kayak mounts allow you to transport your water sports equipment on top of your vehicle, freeing up space inside the car.
Let's Wrap It Up
In a nutshell, investing in the best Subaru roof rack is a no-brainer for all you adventure enthusiasts out there! With its generous storage capacity, you can easily pack all your gear and essentials, ensuring that you're always fully equipped to tackle any outdoor escapade that comes your way. Whether you're a fishing enthusiast, a camping lover, or simply someone who wants to explore the great outdoors, the roof rack is a valuable addition to your gear. By ensuring that you install the rack properly and follow the manufacturer's guidelines, you can safely transport your gear and enjoy a stress-free adventure.
From carrying rooftop tents to attaching lights and other accessories, the Subaru roof rack is versatile enough to accommodate your needs. So, get ready to explore new horizons and make unforgettable memories with your trusted Subaru Outback roof rack.