Jump To Products
iKamper Skycamp 3.0 Roof Top Tent
Guana Equipment Wanaka 55" Roof Top Tent Setup With XL Annex
Thule Tepui Kukenam Explorer Series - 3 Person Roof Top Tent
GoFSR High Country Series - 55" Rooftop Tent
Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 2 Extended Rooftop Tent
Bundutec BunduTop Hardshell Roof Top Tent
ARB Series III Simpson Roof Top Tent & Annex - 2-3 Person Capacity
Thule Tepui Autana Ruggedized - 3 Person Roof Top Tent - Annex Included
The Complete List Of Essential Items To Pack For Your Road Trip
Where to? Wherever the road takes you, don't forget to pack essential items for your next road trip. And install a roof rack to keep your things and your car secure.
Did you know? Breaking away from your daily routine brings excitement and freedom, releasing the happy hormone serotonin.
No wonder you feel pumped up when you're about to go on a road trip.
Are you going solo? Traveling with your family or with your favorite quest buddies? Going for a hike, off-roading, overlanding, or just for fresh air and spontaneous adventure?
Whatever kind of adventure you crave, there are items you should never go without to avoid hassles and inconveniences along the way.
Here's a complete list of the essential items you need to pack on your next road trip so you're ready for anything:
1. Road Trip Must-Haves.
Never leave the house without bringing these necessary items, even when you're just going for a quick drive.
- Car license and registration
- Car insurance
- Extra car key
Tip! Keep paper documents in a sealed waterproof container like a vacuum bag.
2. Car Essential Emergency Items.
Your road trip will be ruined if your car is in trouble. So remember to have your vehicle checked before the expedition.
Get a full tank, charge your batteries, check your tires, and replace and fix any parts if needed.
Visit your service center to ensure your vehicle is in its best condition with all parts functioning.
Install a high-quality roof rack so you can bring essential items without taking up space inside your vehicle. Whatever model your car is, there is a roof rack for you.
Pack these car emergency kits for your next road trip.
- Map (digital and physical), especially if you're not yet familiar with the place.
- Inflated spare tire with a wheel wrench and a tripod jack
- Jumper cables (booster cables, or jumper leads) to give your dead car battery a jump start. These are especially crucial when traveling to far-flung places where service centers or residential areas are far between.
- Car fluids
- Engine oil to keep your vehicle going.
- 5W-30 oil to lubricate and protect your engine, especially in a frigid climate.
- Windshield fluid to keep your vision clear. You can make your own windshield fluid by mixing 1 part of white wine vinegar with three parts of distilled water in a jug.
- Coolant to keep your car at the right temperature and avoid overheating during long drives.
- Brake fluid to prevent accidents
Learning how to use car tools is vital before going on a trip. Bringing the car's manual with you will also help. Keep it sealed with your essential documents.
3. Essential Items To Stay Connected During A Road Trip.
- Power banks
- Extra phone
- Portable WIFI
4. Essential Items For Hygiene.
- Extra clothes, especially if you're going for a swim and other physical activities
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- Hand sanitizer or disinfectant
- Hair ties
- Toilet paper
- Facial tissue
- Garbage bag
5. Essential Items For Entertainment On A Road Trip.
- Headphones or speakers
6. Essential Items For Health And Sustenance.
- First aid kit (for injuries, medicines for pain, fever, stomachache, allergies, acid, bug bites)
- Food (protein bars, snacks, apples, nuts, crackers)
- Drinking water
- Disposable plates, glasses, cutleries (choose organic and biodegradable)
- Lip balm
7. Essential Items For Comfort.
- Things to keep you warm (jacket, blanket, thermal socks)
- Pillow, sleeping bag
- Extra shoes, slippers
- Bug spray
8. Essential Items Just In Case.
- For illumination (lighter, flashlight, headlamps)
- Batteries for your flashlight
- Multipurpose utility tool
- Extra cash
- Swiss knife
- Winter or snowy road trip essentials
- Waterproof bag
- Reflective vest, whistle, warning triangle
Have the number of American Automobile Association (AAA) ready.
Organize your essential items in a durable storage box. Store and lock them securely on your car roof rack.
The best way to enjoy a road adventure is by preparing for it. Preparation means packing the essential items and preparing for any situation. Bookmark this complete list of everything you need to survive and enjoy your next road trip so you can keep your mind off the worry and focus on the fun.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this work on a 2021 TRD Off-road with Prinsu Roof rack?
Yes, absolutely. This tent is compatible with a Prinsu roof rack!
Will this work on a 2021 TRD Off-road with Prinsu Roof rack?
By standard bars, do you mean the side rails the 5th gen includes? Or the factory crossbars going from left to right? Our recommendation is that you aftermarket crossbars or a full roof rack, because they are much stronger and can handle much more weight. Here are some options: https://offroadtents.com/collections/toyota-4runner-roof-racks
I have a 4th gen 4runner would it fit with that?
Yes, it'll work just fine. Just make sure you need a roof rack. Here are some options: https://offroadtents.com/search?type=product&q=4runner+4th+gen+rack
Does it have the hole for the A/C unit?
It has space to put in a hose to cool the tent. But a specific hole for an A/C unit not really. Depending on the circumference of what you need, yes.
We have a ram 1500 short bed. How do I know what tent will fit my truck? Or is it based on the rack you buy to put on the top of the truck?
It's based a bit more on the rack. Well, if you want the tent on your bed, then one like this one will be perfect. It has the right dimensions to fit a short bed. Still, I recommend you look at racks at the same time. You can search on our site for Bed Racks for Ram 1500.
Leave a comment (all fields required)