BunduAwn Awning - Available in 8" and 9.6" - by Bundutec
***BACKORDERS ONLY, ETA MID AUGUST 2019***
The BunduAwn by Bundutec is one of the preferred Awnings in the market. Overlanders, off road enthusiasts and experienced campers tend yo go for this particular awning thanks to great shading, protection and coverage that it can offer.
As seen on the images, this is an Awning that offers 360 degrees of coverage, which is also fully self supported, self deployed and retracted tilt to help shed water, and made with the best Riptech material to last as long as possible. Not for nothing this awning comes with a 2 year warranty.
All Bundutec Products are imported from South Africa, but still we offer Free Shipping!
- The materials are all made of aluminum
- 360 degrees of coverage
- Fully self supported awning
- Zippered cover acts as a rain gutter to shed water away onto the roof
- Made with Riptech300 Material
- Aluminised resin to reflect heat away (Stay 11-15 degrees cooler under the awning)
- Self deployed & retracted tilt to help shed water
- 2 Years Warranty
- 2 different sizes: 8' Length (Weighs 40 lbs), and 9.6" Length (weighs 55 lbs).
- Size when closed: Around 10" in Height, around 6" in Width and maybe an inch or two more than the size chosen in Length.
- Projection on each side is of 7.6"
- Free Shipping!
Installing the BunduAwn:
To mount the awning, it is advised that no more than 20 inches of unsupported overhang are left. The BunduAwn requires a minimum of 4 bolts, but preferably 6. It is recommended to pre-drill 2 holes into each end of the rack to help make the mounting be smoother. Once the ends are pre-drilled to match the brackets, it is best to secure one end at a time, and then the drilling of the center holes and the tightening of the bolts can be done.
- The awning has a rope on each of its arms that can be tied down to give additional support. Poles themselves are not needed, you are welcome to add them should you wish.
- There are also Side Panels available that can be bought separately.
- Each panel attached to the awning via the Velcro strip already installed on your awning. Additionally, panels can be joined together by a zipper located on each end as well.
- The awning works with 6 arms which, when open, allows coverage of 360 degrees.
- The arms work in a triangular force which gives the awning more strength.
- When each arm is opened another small arm situated on top of the main arm pops up and provides additional height (14") to the slope of the roof to give better water drainage and prevents large pockets of water from collecting on top of your awning.
- The bag of the awning, when open, closes the gap between your vehicle or trailer and the awning to prevent water running down the side of your vehicle. It is essentially a gutter while your awning is open.
Opening and Closing the BunduAwn:
- Opening the BunduAwn is quite simple, just unzip the awning and push the cover behind.
- Then disconnect the gator clip straps that secure the awning, and then pull the "J" hook strap, slowly, around the vehicle and secure it into place (you can use eye bolts if needed).
- Then go to the other side (the passenger side of the vehicle), and repeat the step above with the other "J" hook.
- With both "J" hooks secured, use straps to tighten the awning. Taunt them as much as possible, that way the structure will be secure
- To Close: only close 1 side at a time. Closing both sides at the same time will result in damage and will not be covered under warranty.
- Loosen the "J" hook from the attachment point on the driver side, and walk the awning towards the passenger side. Then, on the passenger side, take the loose fabric closest to the awning's back plate, and fold it over the awning's arms that you will be swinging around (this will ensure you get the arms tight against the back plate and will fold better for travel).
- Once the step above is completed, return to the driver seat, loosen the "J" hook from the attachment point, use it to swing this side of the awning around to lay flat against the other side which is already in place.
- Once the arms are against the back plate, fold the fabric that is remaining up into about 12" sections, and once it's folded, place it to be in line with the back plate, and use the gator clips and straps attached to the awning plate to secure the fabric in place.
- Once the fabric is secured in place pull the awning cover over and zip it shut.
- Watch the video for better explanation.
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to brand shipping times may vary. However, you order will most likely be at your place between 5 to 14 days after you placed it.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What To Do Before Accepting Shipment?
If your order has shipped please note that the tracking number may not be active until it reaches a freight terminal. This could take 1 to 2 business days from the date of this email.
Please inspect your package for damage prior to signing for it.
Off Road Tents takes pride in its products and packaging. Every tent that we ship out is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Also each package is in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability ends as far as shipping damage is concerned. Help protect yourself from loss or damage, or an uncomfortably painful claims process by:
1. Before Signing for your order, inspect the box or boxes for freight loss or damage. Red flags are punctures or any sign of forklift damage.
2. If any of the product(s) appear to be damaged or crushed do not accept delivery. Refuse the shipment and it will be sent back for processing.
3. It is extremely important that you inspect the box and tent (in case the item purchased is a tent) for damage BEFORE you sign to receive the tent. Please take photos of the box on the pallet exactly as it arrives. Please note, the driver will not help with damage inspection. IF you even suspect there could be damage to your item, please take pictures of the damage and REFUSE the delivery. That way the carrier will send it back to us and we'll process a new shipment.
4. Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation, and send it to us: email@example.com
5. Contact Off Road Tents immediately at 1.844.200.3979
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Off Road Tents cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this by examining before you sign. Refusing delivery when damaged helps Off Road Tents win the case against the carrier, and replacing your item.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
Bundutec BunduAwn Awning Reviews
Very helpful with small issues with a broke interior light. Also had some delays with shipping but out of their control and kept communicating with updates.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Will this work on a Jeep XJ with a Frontrunner Slimline rack?
Yes, it will work perfectly with the Slimline, just keep in mind that the BunduAwn does not go with the mounting brackets. You would have to buy the mounts as an accessory. Hope this helps!
Hi Where is it made? Mitch
Hello, Bundutec products are made in South Africa.
What is the length of the awning when it is NOT deployed for both 8ft and 9.5ft configurations?
The length of each awning when closed is 8ft and 9.5ft.
Would this awning work on a 5th gen 4runner with the eezi awn k9 2.2 meter rack?
Yes, it will work perfectly fine with your Eezi Awn K9 rack, just remember that the BunduAwn does not include with the mounting brackets. You can buy them separately if you wish.