Skycamp Roof Top Tent - 3-4 Person Capacity - by iKamper
The iKamper Skycamp Rooftop Tent is probably the best roof top tent for families or larger groups. This innovative hardshell:
- Fits 4 people comfortably (sometimes even 5)
- Opens and closes in less than 1 minute
- It's built for 4-season camping
The Skycamp has the most innovative design in the market, becoming the desire of all camping, wheeling and overlanding enthusiasts around the world.
The iKamper Sky camp is a 4 Person Tent, ideally for 2 adults and 2 children.
The tent can be mounted in pretty much any vehicle or roof rack, it only has two conditions:
1- Your vehicle must have crossbars that must be at least 30 inches (76 cm) apart from each other
2- The racks/crossbars MUST support at least 165 lbs (most racks do).
The materials of the tent are high quality, first it is a hardshell tent, so you know it can resist more.
As a matter of fact, it has a tested wind resistance of 40 mph, and it was built for 4 season camping.
The Skycamp is made of Poly-Cotton, which is Water Resistant, very breathable, fire resistant, and it is Insulating, built for winter and autumn.
It includes an 83" long aluminum ladder, a comfortable expandable king size mattress for an excellent night's sleep.
The base is made of a long-lasting honeycomb aluminum plate, that ensures a flat surface, strong support and comfort.
One of the best features is that the canvas (tent body) can be completely detached and you can leave only the mesh, ideal for the warmest summers. Also, the canvas can be detached on purpose to be repaired or changed if needed.
Interested in other iKamper Accessories? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED!
Features Of The iKamper Skycamp:
54.3 x 85.8 x 12.5”
82.6 x 85.8 x 43.3”
82.6 x 74.8 x 1.18”
Tent Weight Limit
70 mp/h (110 km/h)
Rack/Cross Bars Requirement
165 lbs (75 kg)
40 mp/h (64 km/h)
- Fits 4 People Comfortably
- 4-Season Camping
- Available in 4 Colors: Black, Dark Gray, White, Black Matte
- Includes a SkyView Window on the roof of the tent body (to view stars or sky), and it can be covered
- Rainfly Included
- Waterproof Zippers
- Honeycomb Aluminum Plate
- 300 gsm Poly-Cotton Canvas Body
- Outstanding Quality and Design
- Aerodynamic Design helps in fuel economy
- Free Shipping!
Watch the iKamper Skycamp Video:
iKamper products are made at their factory in South Korea and Certified with ISO 9001(Quality Management) and ISO 14001(Environmental Management). They offer a 2 year warranty on normal wear and tear.
We include Free Shipping!
If you have any additional questions regarding this tent, please call us at: +1 8442003979, write to us in the chat box below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to bran shipping times may vary. iKamper takes around 30 days to arrive, however all other brands will most likely be at your place between 5 to 10 days after you plced the order.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery.
If your item(s) do arrived damaged please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, then visit our Returns page and lodge your return claim online.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
iKamper Skycamp Roof Top Tent Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this fits on a Honda Pilot 2014?
Yes it should. But you have to measure your rack, or get after market cross bars. These should be at least 30" apart between them.
Have 2014 Nissan xterra pro 4 x #1 Will it fit? #2 On stock roof racks? top heavy on smaller SUV? #3 Mileage drop? How much? #4 Any place in New England / Maine / MA. to look at one? THANKS for your time
1 - Should fit, but please measure first the dimensions of your roof, as well as those of the tent: 54.3 x 85.8 inches 2- You need at least after market cross bars with a weight limit of 165 lbs to support it. Preferably drilled in cross bars.
3- Hard to tell, this is very subjective depending on the speed, etc. There is some, but not that much.
4- Unfortuantely we're not located in that area, you might want to try on FB or some forums to see if there are any owners nearby that you can contact!
Hi. Will the IKamper Skycamp Roof Top Tent work on a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport? We will be buying after market cross bars.
Hello!! Thanks for reaching out. Yes it should work perfectly fine. It will probably look a bit big, so I would recommend you to measure the dimensions of the roof of your Outlander and then compare it with the closed dimensions of the Skycamp, but installed on top of good aftermarket cross bars it will work. Hope this helps!
2011 mercedes 450gl will it fit.
Hello, thanks for reaching out! It will fit perfectly. The footprint of the Skycamp when closed is 54.3' x 85.8', I would recommend you to compare it with the dimensions of the roof of your 450gl. Hope this helps.
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, will the Skycamp work on my stock racks? What additional gear do I need? Do you offer free shipping for this tent to El Paso, TX?
No, it's not ideal to use on the stock racks. You want after market cross bars, hopefully drill in ones, not clip-ons. And yes, we do offer Free Shipping to El Paso.
Have a Toyota Tacoma will if fit on the roof top or do i have to get a rack system for the bed?
Just in case, you might want a rack system for the bed, that's what we've seen as the msot common set up!
The price of the iKamper is 2 and 3 times more than similar roof top tents. What makes it so much more expensive?
The Skycamp is one of the most innovative roof top tents in the market. The design is actually called an expandable hard top roof tent. This means not only does it close down into a hardshell, but when opening it, it takes less than a minute, plus it expands into a comfortbale tent capable of fitting 4 people comfortably. Materials used are of the highest quality, it will hold up perfectly fine during all the 4-seasons, and overall you're getting one of the best tents in the market. For those who know RTTs, they'll tell you the difference is in the details, and that's why the Skycamp is pricier, in a nutshell.
Is the asking price in Canadian funds
No, this price us in USD only.
Will the Skycamp work on my stock racks for my 4Runner? Or do I need a better rack or crossbars?
Thanks for asking, it's a great question. No, the stock racks on their own do not work. We recommend that for such a big investment as the Skycamp, you should get, if possible an aftermarket rack that will be tougher. We're not specialized in racks, but options such as the Gobi Stealth, Front Runner Slimline II or racks by Rhino Rack are good options. If you don't have the budget, don't worry, you don't have to have one of the mentioned above. You can get after market cross-bars, please make sure they support 165 lbs of weight, and that they're the ones that bolt through. Clip-on cross bars are not ideal for a heavier RTT as the Skycamp. Better the ones that bolt through. If you need anything else, please give us a call: 844-200-3979. Nevertheless, we want to reassure you that the iKamper Skycamp is one of the best roof top tents in the market!