Quick Release Roof Top Tent Mount Kit - Fits MOST Rooftop Tents - by Front Runner Outfitters
Tired of struggling when mounting or dismounting your RTT?
Problem solved. The Quick Release Roof Top Tent Mount Kit by Front Runner is the solution to all those owners that don't want to be carrying their tent on their racks at all times, but also want a speedy and simple way to take it on or off.
If you have a limited garage clearance, or simply want to store the car top tent every now and then, this product is great.
Once these brackets are installed on a Front Runner Rack, no tools are needed to remove or install a roof top tent. Simply release the tabs on the 4 latches and lift the tent away in seconds.
The brackets can be mounted either on top of the rack, which is the tallest option, or you can mount the brackets so the "wings" of the brackets are bolted from underneath the rack and the latch portion of the bracket comes up between the two slats.
The Quick Release Tent Mount Kit will work with your tent! It comes with a variety of mounting plates for different tent channels. From Tepui, to CVT, to FSR or EEzi-Awn, it'll work.
- This strong and rattle free mounting system is built off-road tough for use with Front Runner Racks.
- Works with the Feather-Line RTT and other popular soft shell tent brands like TJM, ARB, Tepui, etc.
- Works with hard shell tents such as Autohome/Maggionlina, and James Baroud. Hard shell tent owners please read *IMPORTANT NOTE below.
- 4 low profile base brackets are bolted to a Front Runner Rack while 4 self- aligning bushes are secured to the tent base channels using the supplied plates.
- Two of the latches securely lock with a key while the other 2 latching brackets feature a safety catch.
- Comes with 4 keys for locking brackets.
- Tents can be mounted at two different heights, depending on clearance needs. The bottom of the tent can sit either 40mm / 1.57 inches or 17mm / 1 inch above the rack slats.
- The brackets are small, unobtrusive and can be left on the roof rack when the tent is not mounted, leaving vast rack space available
- No tent modification required.
- Removed tents can be stored on the ground, raised slightly off the floor by the supplied steel bushes.
- Supplied with all required mounting hardware and a special installation tool.
- Fitting instructions are included, DOWNLOAD FREE HERE
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Hard shell tents need additional support. If you are using these brackets with hard shell tents, such as James Baroud or Autohome, and you are unable to position the tent to rest directly on the rack, or the edges of the rack side profiles, use – Hard Shell Roof Top Tent Support Channels. Depending on the tent manufacturer, your hard shell tent warranty may be voided if your tent becomes damaged and you did not provide proper lateral support for the hard shell tent
- 1 x Set of 4 Quick Release Brackets
- 2 x Locking Brackets (Left and Right Hand Side)
- 2 x Keys per lock
- 1 x Special Installation Tool
- Installation Hardware
- Fitting Instructions
- Black powder coated 3CR12 stainless steel
- 316 Stainless steel
- 304 Stainless steel
- (Per assembled bracket) 263mm (10.4") L x 93mm (3.7") W x 93mm (3.7") H
- Weight: 4.8kg (10.6lbs)
Front Runner Quick Release Roof Tent Kit Setup Video:
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to bran shipping times may vary. iKamper takes around 30 days to arrive, however all other brands will most likely be at your place between 5 to 10 days after you plced the order.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery.
If your item(s) do arrived damaged please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, then visit our Returns page and lodge your return claim online.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
Quick Release Roof Top Tent Mount Kit - Front Runner Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I’m looking to use this on a non-Front Runner rack. Could you tell me the distance between the two mounting holes on the base of these mounts? Thanks
Hello! The distance beween the two mounting holes on the Quick Release mounts is 8 inches.