Scout Off Road Trailer - Tires & Wheels Available - by Smittybilt
***CALL US TO BACK ORDER***
There are those occasions in which you will need a car trailer, preferably one that is suitable for off roads. If you are an experienced overlander, you know the great use an off road trailer is. They make your life easier, they are perfect for heavy loads, packing extra equipment, and will enable a better trip.
The Smittybilt Scout Trailer (SKU: 87400) is one of the best out there. This particular model, you can buy only the trailer, or the kit, which includes wheels and tires.
It comes at a reasonable price for car trailers, and the Smittybilt quality is something hard to find. The Scout is made of a fully boxed galvanized steel frame, powder coated with the under carriage featuring a heavy duty undercoating.
As to the payload, the Scout boasts one of 1763 lbs, it has 2-inch receivers at the end of the trailer, three off-road jacks, electric axle brakes in conjunction with a self-charging trailer break away system, that provides security from detachment and meet the trailer break laws in the 50 States.
On top of all that, it has an independent trailing arm suspension, with coil springs, dual shocks and limit straps for a smooth and reliable ride. The galvanized 14-gauge powder coated tub has a large main compartment and two side cabinets meaning that you will never run out of space again, you can load anything in it. It has side cabinets, sliding floors, locking T-handles, rain gutter rails for kayaks, bicycles or more.
Be reassured this is a beast of a trailer, built to handle heavy weight, to go on the roughest and toughest roads or surfaces. It will last, and overall you are going to enjoy it. And we offer Free Shipping.
- Galvanized steel frame that is powder coated
- Under carriage with heavy duty undercoating
- Boasts a payload of 1,763 pounds
- 2-inch receivers at each end of the trailer
- Electric axle brakes with a self-charging trailer break away system
- Independent trailing arm suspension
- Removable steel fenders
- Accommodates up to 37" tires
- Aluminum tongue box that for deep-cycle batteries and electrical systems
- With large main compartment and side cabinets
- ONLY the Kit includes Tires & Wheels
- Additional accessories shown are sold separately (RTT, etc)
- Removable/adjustable fenders
- Pro Comp AT Sport tires 265/70R17 mounted on Pro Comp Series 51 Steel Wheels (qty 3)
- 5x5 wheel bolt pattern
- All doors equipped with locking t-handle latches
- 3 main doors with slider drawer system
- S/S sliders with 200 lbs. capacity
- Rear sliders have hold open/closed latches to prevent unwanted movement
- All sliders equipped with hold close latches
- Kitchenette cabinet with locking drawer
- Generator/fridge cabinet with Mesh floor
- Integrated tie down points front and sides. 2 front, 4 each side one on top of main compartment
- 7 pin trailer wiring socket
- 2 inch front receiver /hitch mount adaptable to use articulating hitch or pintle hook
- 2 inch rear receiver hitch for mounting accessories
- 2 rear mounted shackle mounts for 3/4 inch shackles
- 2 inch ball coupler included for on-road use ONLY
- For off-road use you must use an articulating style coupler
- 5 Year Warranty
- Free Shipping
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to brand shipping times may vary. However, you order will most likely be at your place between 5 to 14 days after you placed it.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What To Do Before Accepting Shipment?
If your order has shipped please note that the tracking number may not be active until it reaches a freight terminal. This could take 1 to 2 business days from the date of this email.
Please inspect your package for damage prior to signing for it.
Off Road Tents takes pride in its products and packaging. Every tent that we ship out is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Also each package is in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability ends as far as shipping damage is concerned. Help protect yourself from loss or damage, or an uncomfortably painful claims process by:
1. Before Signing for your order, inspect the box or boxes for freight loss or damage. Red flags are punctures or any sign of forklift damage.
2. If any of the product(s) appear to be damaged or crushed do not accept delivery. Refuse the shipment and it will be sent back for processing.
3. It is extremely important that you inspect the box and tent (in case the item purchased is a tent) for damage BEFORE you sign to receive the tent. Please take photos of the box on the pallet exactly as it arrives. Please note, the driver will not help with damage inspection. IF you even suspect there could be damage to your item, please take pictures of the damage and REFUSE the delivery. That way the carrier will send it back to us and we'll process a new shipment.
4. Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation, and send it to us: email@example.com
5. Contact Off Road Tents immediately at 1.844.200.3979
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Off Road Tents cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this by examining before you sign. Refusing delivery when damaged helps Off Road Tents win the case against the carrier, and replacing your item.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the total height once the tent is installed?
Hi, the tent is NOT included with the trailer. The tent rack height is adjustable and uses a pin locking system allowing up to 12 inches of loading space between the top of the main box and the rack. The trailer itself can carry up to 37" tires. Height ends up being adjsutable.
How much room between top of the main box and the bottom of the tent rack
The tent rack height is adjustable and uses a pin locking system allowing up to 12 inches of loading space between the top of the main box and the rack. Hope this helps!