Wanaka Roof Top Tent Setup - Fits 3 People - Extra Large Annex, Anti-Condensation Mat & LED Lights - by Guana Equipment
***AVAILABLE FOR BACK ORDER ONLY: ETA LATE JULY***
After years of using them, testing them and living numerous experiences with them, the guys at Guana Equipment decided to create their own brand of rooftop tents and equipment.
They had tried out quite a few brands, they knew what they liked, what they lacked, and what was needed.
The Wanaka is the first model, one with features that stand-out when compared to other RTTs.
The Wanaka roof top tent setup includes:
- Extra Large Annex Room With Removable Floor And 3 "Awning Doors"
- 3 Sets of Extra Poles for Annex "Awning Doors"
- Anti-Condensation Mat
- 2 Shoe Bags Included
- LED Lights Included
- Sky View Window
- Entrance Window
The main advantage is the extra large annex. Average annexes are around 65" wide and 75" long at the base. However, the Wanaka has an annex that's 100" wide by 100" long, with a height of 75".
It has a removable floor, and as such this annex will work not only as a comfortable changing room or storage room, but will easily fit an adult, making it a 4 person roof top tent.
The annex was specifically designed to have 3 large entrance doors all covered by see-through-mesh, and an additional canvas cover that can become an awning.
Basically, the three entrance doors open up to become three awnings (poles are included), increasing the coverage area for your camping setup!
It also has other incredibly useful features, such as the anti-condensation mat, 2 shoe or boot bags, LED lights to illuminate the annex area, skylights inside the tent and one inside the annex for better luminosity.
The toughness of this rooftop tent is out of question. Built with 1" thick aluminum poles, it'll withstand even the toughest of winds.
The canvas body of the car top tent is made of 420D waterproof ripstop polyester oxford canvas with taped seams and PU coating, making it a 4-season roof top tent.
The Wanaka comes with YKK zippers (the highest quality) for both the RTT and the annex. The base is made of a thick diamond plate aluminum, and to top it all up, a 3" thick high-density foam mattress.
Free Shipping Included To Commercial Addresses or Nearest Freight Center. Residential Address requires $100 additional cost!
Features Of The Wanaka Roof Top Tent:
- 3-4 Person Capacity (3 on the tent, 1 adult fits inside the annex)
- 4-Season Camping RTT
- Tent Color: Tan
- Body Tent Canvas is made of 420D waterproof ripstop polyester oxford canvas with taped seams and PU coating
- Annex with removable floor included
- Black Rainfly & Tan Annex made of 420D Waterproof Polyester Oxford
- Diamond Plate Anti-Scratch Aluminum Base
- 1" Thick Aluminum Poles
- Alloy Brackets
- 304 Stainless Steel Hardware Bolts
- Edge Protectors for the base of the tent to avoid tearing the canvas
- Heavy Duty 680g/1200D PVC Black Travel Cover
- Anti-Condensation Mat Included
- 2 Shoe Bags Included
- LED Lights Included
- 1 Skylight for the tent, 1 for the annex
- 3" thick high density foam mattress with washable cover
- YKK Zippers for tent and annex
- Annex room has 3 entrances, with doors that become 3 awnings (poles included)
- All mounting hardware needed is included
- Tent Open: 56.3" (143cm) W x 122" (310cm) L x 49.5" (126cm) H
- Tent Closed: 56.3 " (143cm) W x 48" (121cm) L x 12" (30.5cm) H
- Annex Room: 100" (254cm) W x 100" (254cm) L x 75"-82.5" (190cm-210cm) H
- Mattress: 3" thick high density foam
- Ladder: Aluminum Sliding Ladder 82.5" (210cm) long
- Weight Of Tent: 125.5 lbs or 57 kg
- Weight Of Annex: 13.2 lbs or 6 kg
- Total Weight: 139 lbs or 63 kg
Guana Equipment Wanaka Roof Top Tent Video:***If you're not sure whether your vehicle has the right roof rack, please take a look at our roof rack collection, most of which will be able to support this roof top tent.***
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to brand shipping times may vary. However, you order will most likely be at your place between 5 to 14 days after you placed it.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery.
If your item(s) do arrived damaged please send photos to email@example.com, then visit our Returns page and lodge your return claim online.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
Guana Equipment Wanaka Roof Top Tent With XL Annex Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Would a Smittybilt SRC Roof Rack - 76717 be sufficient?
Yes, that would work perfectly well!
Does the annex have a door or window so you can get into the vehicle with out going outside.
Yes it does have a floor. Which can also be removed in case you don't want to use it.
My roof rack on my wrangler JKU is 83” high. Will th annex still be full width and length? This looks like it might be a good option for us. I would welcome suggestions for other models and brands. Im looking for a 3 person (so my wife and i can sleep comfortably up top) and an annex that will fit 2 folding cotts for my growing boys. As well as have the ladder inside the annex. Access to the ladder should not be impeded by the two cotts. I do want to limmit the foot print when folded so that I have room on my gobi stealth for other cargo; say less than 60 inches long?
Hello Paul, the Wanaka RTT setup definitely is one of the best options for your needs, it's XL annex will work very well for your boys because it will give some extra space that no other annex offers. It also has great ventilation since it has three full sized doors intead of one and two small windows like most annexes.
When folded, the tent will just have a footprint of 56.3" W x 48" L which will leave enough free space in the Stealth rack to use for additional storage space or other.
Now, the height of the annex on the new Wanakas (available in about a month or less), is 78". Athough it is a bit less than the height of the rack, it will work perfectly because ideally the floor should lift up a little bit from the ground (on it's extremes) to prevent dust, water or other elements from getting into the Annex.
Other recommended brands with similar quality of soft shell tents would be Tepui (Autana model) or FSR (High Country 55" model, but the annex on this one is small).
Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Mounting dimensions , I would guess it has few options, so I need to know all those options.
Hello, the tent comes with 4 brackets that attach to 2 cross bars, any brand and any size. The cross bars can be separated up to 55” apart. The tent’s length when closed is 56.5”. Please let us know if you need any specific information.
Will this work on top a 2018 Subaru Forester with Thule Aero crossbars?
Hello! Yes, the tent can be mounted perfectly to the Thule Aero cross bars on your Subaru Forester.
Can you mount this tent over the truck bed, not the roof top?
It'll depend on the dimensions of your truck bed, but this tent is 56" W x 48" L, so it should fit most beds.
ALSO, really important to know that you DO NEED a truck bed rack or load bars, it CANNOT be mounted simply over the bed of the truck.