Autana SKY Ruggedized 3 Person Roof Top Tent - Annex Included - 3 Colors - by Tepui Tents
If you're looking for expedition-grade rooftop tents, with the best rugged features: The Autana Ruggedized should be your choice.
The Ruggedized Series are the toughest rooftop tents you can imagine. The Autana comes with a smart Zipper-Gimp design to change the canopy in 2 minutes for any other one. On top of that, the thick canvas will last for years, allowing you to camp during the 4 seasons.
The heavy duty Autana Ruggedized SKY Roof top Tent works amazing for tough off-road fanatics and 4x4 trailers. It comes with a diamond plate base, a dual stitched fabric that is 40% heavier and stronger than in standard models and a new anti-condensation 1/2" mat under the mattress, which is a feature you will find KEY.
It has two build-in screened SKY panels that will let you see a fantastic view of the stars and surroundings.
This 3-person Ruggedized car top tent is the best option if you need a heavy duty, strong, resistant, best quality product. It also comes with universal mounting brackets that allow easy mounting to most roof racks or after market roof bars.
The Annex, will serve not only to store bags or sleep a toddler, but as a standing up, private changing room, a rare "luxury" when camping outdoors.
***Current lead time for this product is 4 weeks***
FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED!
|Size (Closed)||56" x 48" x 12" (W x L x H)|
|Size (Open)||56" x 122" x 52" (W x L x H)|
|Sleeping Footprint||56" x 96" (WxL)|
|Canopy Fabric||360g Polyester Cotton (canvas); 600D ripstop fabric with water resistant ventilate coating, dual stitched taped seams, UV and mold resistant|
|Mosquito screens||no-see-up mesh|
|Rainfly Fabric||420D Polyester Oxford with taped seams and PU coated|
|Mattress||High Density 2-1/2" foam mattress with removable cotton cover|
|Travel Cover Material||1000D PVC|
|Internal Frame||3/4" wrapped aluminum|
|Base Construction||Heavy duty aluminum tube frame with diamond plate cap sheets|
|Ladder Construction||8ft-6in Telescoping|
***If you're not sure whether your vehicle has the right roof rack, please take a look at our roof rack collection, most of which will be able to support this roof top tent.***
Tepui Rooftop Tents Installation Video:
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to brand shipping times may vary. However, you order will most likely be at your place between 5 to 14 days after you placed it.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
What To Do Before Accepting Shipment?
If your order has shipped please note that the tracking number may not be active until it reaches a freight terminal. This could take 1 to 2 business days from the date of this email.
Please inspect your package for damage prior to signing for it.
Off Road Tents takes pride in its products and packaging. Every tent that we ship out is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Also each package is in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability ends as far as shipping damage is concerned. Help protect yourself from loss or damage, or an uncomfortably painful claims process by:
1. Before Signing for your order, inspect the box or boxes for freight loss or damage. Red flags are punctures or any sign of forklift damage.
2. If any of the product(s) appear to be damaged or crushed do not accept delivery. Refuse the shipment and it will be sent back for processing.
3. It is extremely important that you inspect the box and tent (in case the item purchased is a tent) for damage BEFORE you sign to receive the tent. Please take photos of the box on the pallet exactly as it arrives. Please note, the driver will not help with damage inspection. IF you even suspect there could be damage to your item, please take pictures of the damage and REFUSE the delivery. That way the carrier will send it back to us and we'll process a new shipment.
4. Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation, and send it to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Contact Off Road Tents immediately at 1.844.200.3979
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Off Road Tents cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this by examining before you sign. Refusing delivery when damaged helps Off Road Tents win the case against the carrier, and replacing your item.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
Tepui Autana Ruggedized 3 Person Roof Top Tent - Annex Included Reviews
The tent is amazing. Very easy to open and put away even with one person. Definitely better with two people though. You can have lots of fun driving the country and camping wherever you feel like stopping!
Quick setup and great tent. We were able to travel all over Montana with a different campsite every night. Quick setup and tear down. There are some minor tweaks that could make it better but still 5 stars. These are suggestions for the company, not complaints. The cover could be bigger in areas where there are plastic pieces by the zipper. It works but at some point it seems like the seam by the zipper will rip out. The holes in the corners of the tent that have the loose fabric covers could have Velcro to keep them in place at night. The standard mattress is super hard. For such an expensive tent, I feel the mattress should be comfortable without paying an additional $450.
Best RTT I've ever had. Used to have a smittybilt before this, second hand, had it for a year and ran fine. But it was time to change, get somehitng better, one of the top brands and Tepui was just that. The ruggedized series is definitely superior to my old smitty. Holds better in tougher weather and it just seems that it'll last longer.
I got this tent about two months ago and its been amazing. I've used it a couple of times this winter and it has never failed, the materials seem to withstand very well the snow and wind. Can't wait to use it in spring!
I gotta give 5 stars to this roof top tent, it has to be ne of the best. I'm no expert, but the guys at off road tents recommended it for being durable and very comfortable, and the Autana has delivered.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the size of the annex when shipped or packed up? I am trying to purchase a bag to carry it in.
The packed size of the Kukenam 3 annex is 22 lbs. and 24 x 14 x 10 inches
Hello, do you ship to germany? How much does it cost?
Unfortunately we only ship inside the US, but we could ship free to an international freight forwarder's address, and from there you could ship it to Germany on your side. Hope this helps!
What is the weight limit for the ladder?
Hello, thanks for reaching out! The weight limit of the ladder is 600 lbs. Hope this helps!
1. Can tent be mounted to fold out the the back instead of the side of a full sized pickup canopy so open pickup canopy area can be accessed from the annex? 2. Why are not the 3-reviews accessible to read them?
1. Yes, the tent can be mounted that way, good idea btw.
2. We fixed and now the 3 reviews are public.