Ranger Roof Top Tent - 3 Person Capacity - Annex Included - by Tuff Stuff
***This Product has a 3 to 4 week lead time. We are accepting back orders***
Tuff Stuff has been impressing everyone in the roof top tent industry thanks to the incredible quality of their tents.
The Ranger is not an exception.
The tent itself, can be easily mounted into any cross-bars or roof racks.
The Ranger can be setup in just 5 minutes with no effort, all hardware needed to install it is included with the purchase.
It will comfortably fit 3 people, 2 adults and a child or even a pet. Plus, it includes an annex room free of cost, which can easily accommodate another mattress for more people, pets, or simply to store chairs, a table or luggage.
The annex itself can be used as a private changing room, so you can finally change clothes whilst standing up in a dry area.
All bedding can be stored inside to free up valuable storage inside of the vehicle, and includes a 2.75" thick foam sleeping mat pre-installed inside, ideal for a good night's sleep.
One of the best choice of roof top tents possible for overlanders. This is a 3-season roof top tent, being able to withstand even the heavier winds and rains.
We offer FREE SHIPPING! Delivery does NOT include Lift Gate, so make sure to have someone else available with you to receive it!
- Manufactured from high quality polyester/cotton wind proof fabric
- Heavy duty zippers
- Includes a polyester rain fly with the best water shedding ability on the market
- Upper air vents for warm air discharge
- 3 “NO SEE-UM MESH” screened windows with awnings
- High density foam mattress with removable & washable cover
- Pull out overhead veranda
- FREE zip on Annex room included as a free gift (a $200 value!)
- FREE PVC shoe storage bag
- FREE hanging gear hammock
- Unfolds off of either side of the vehicle (Side or Rear)
- All aluminum frame, ladder and roof rack mounts
- All necessary hardware for complete installation (including tools)
- Heavy duty PVC driving cover
- Rainfly: 420D Polyester/Oxford material with waterproof Polyurethane coating for maximum water resistance. Sheds water instantly. Eliminates 50% of overhead light. Poly/Oxford material maintains elasticity while the p/u coating maintains water resistance for longevity and moisture free environment inside of the tent
Tent Fabric Material: 280g Poly/Cotton Rip Stop Fabric with Waterproof Polyurethane coating for maximum water resistance. Breathable UV & Mold Resistant.
- Closed Dimensions: 14" H x 56" W x 48" L
- Open Base Dimensions: 56" W x 96" L x 52" H
- Open Dimensions With Overhang: 56" W x 132" L x 52" H
- Mattress Size: 56" x 96" x 2.75" thick
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Install time is approx 1-2 hours with 2 people. Detailed instructions included.
- Annex room zips on after the tent has been installed. All necessary spikes included.
- All necessary hardware included (even the tools) to mount to most all roof racks using the custom extruded aluminum channel system
- Ideal mounting height for the tent would be 76″-78″ above the ground to allow for the ladder to extend and annex to hang to the ground.
- **MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN ROOF RACK OR BASE FOR TENT TO BOLT TO**
Ranger Roof Top Tent Installation Video:
Ranger Roof Top Tent Opening & Closing Video:
***If you're not sure whether your vehicle has the right roof rack, please take a look at our roof rack collection, most of which will be able to support this roof top tent.***
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information, go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to brand shipping times may vary. However, you order will most likely be at your place between 5 to 14 days after you placed it.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
What To Do Before Accepting Shipment?
If your order has shipped please note that the tracking number may not be active until it reaches a freight terminal. This could take 1 to 2 business days from the date of this email.
Please inspect your package for damage prior to signing for it.
Off Road Tents takes pride in its products and packaging. Every tent that we ship out is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Also each package is in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability ends as far as shipping damage is concerned. Help protect yourself from loss or damage, or an uncomfortably painful claims process by:
1. Before Signing for your order, inspect the box or boxes for freight loss or damage. Red flags are punctures or any sign of forklift damage.
2. If any of the product(s) appear to be damaged or crushed do not accept delivery. Refuse the shipment and it will be sent back for processing.
3. It is extremely important that you inspect the box and tent (in case the item purchased is a tent) for damage BEFORE you sign to receive the tent. Please take photos of the box on the pallet exactly as it arrives. Please note, the driver will not help with damage inspection. IF you even suspect there could be damage to your item, please take pictures of the damage and REFUSE the delivery. That way the carrier will send it back to us and we'll process a new shipment.
4. Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation, and send it to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Contact Off Road Tents immediately at 1.844.200.3979
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Off Road Tents cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this by examining before you sign. Refusing delivery when damaged helps Off Road Tents win the case against the carrier, and replacing your item.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
Tuff Stuff Ranger Overland 3 Person Roof Top Tent & Annex Reviews
The Tuff Stuff Overland Roof Top Tent is a great product. Installation was fairly easy following the instructions. I had help to get it up on to the racks but other than that it is mostly a one person set up. It was nice to have a second person there to help flip it when drilling the holes as well. after getting it set up on the racks we opened it up and it was easy. I would definitely get this product again and love how easy it is to set up and take down. I have it on a Chevy Colorado with bed racks and that is a bit short for the annex to hang down fully. A rack that went over the roof would be better for that but I don't currently have that. I also ordered the anti-condensation mat and those slide around quite a bit. When folding and unfolding the tent it slides through the opening in the middle and that is an issue. I have not been able to find a good way to keep them from sliding around when opening the tent. Love the tent and the service from Off Road Tents. They were great and I would contact them again if I needed anything. Thanks
After over a year of research and debate, I finally decided on the Tuff Stuff Ranger. The included annex, boot bag, gear hammock, and pre order discount offered by OffRoadTents was too much value to pass up.
Assembly, watch the tuff stuff video on unpacking, assembly, and mounting. The video is missing the segment on how to bolt the aluminum rails to the bottom of the tent, however, youtube videos from other manufactures show how to complete this step with one person. I mounted my tent at the height of my trucks bed rails. It is possible to lift it up there by yourself through creative thinking, but two people would have made it much easier. I do wish the mounting bolts were just a little bit longer,. my bars are 15/8" Unistrut and the bolts were just barely long enough, I'd prefer about 5mm longer.
First setup and use. The ladder is designed for a true roof top set up. The ladder only locks into one position and that is fully extended. Fully extended at the bed height of my Chevy Colorado was not possible. I needed to drill two holes so the ladder would lock into the height I needed. At 360 pounds I was nervous to climb in at first. This thing is rock solid!!! Ventilation is good, even though at bed height you lose the use of the window near the cab. Rode out a thunder storm my first night out high and dry with my 6 month old Lab puppy. We both slept soundly.
Very happy with my purchase so far! Next we'll see how long it holds up.
Haven't had a chance to use the item quite yet, but there has been amazing service to this point. From getting my address changed for shipping, to a timely response on all emails. Definitely going to be back for another purchase!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Have a Jeep Wrangler with a Smittybilt roof rack, Jeep is a aft top... will this tent work with the rack
If it is the Smittybilt SRC roof rack, then yes it will work perfectly for the Ranger tent.
What is the standard ladder length? Wondering if I would need an extension
The standard ladder will be up to 80" long.
Does this tent have a skylight window on top?
No it does not.
Hello! Is the floor of the Annex removable? Thank you.
Yes it is!
I have 2 door jk. Will this fit my 2 door with a gobi roof rack?
Yes, as long as your gobi rack has the two cross bars on the upper side of the rack, it will work perfectly.
Is this product compatable with front runner racks?
Yes of course, I would recommend you to by the Front Runner Roof Top Tent mount kit, it will make your life easier.
Will it fit a 2002 Cadillac Escalade?
If the Escalade has the appropriate rack or cross bars, then yes. Absolutely.
Will it work with a 2019 subaru outback
Yes, it will fit. Just make sure to have the adequate crossbars and you will be all set.
Is it compatible with the Olympic quick and easy roof rack, there rack is rated at 250lbs? https://www.extremeterrain.com/olympic-4x4-quick-n-easy-rack-textured-black-jk-908-174.html
Yes, the mounting brackets would work with that rack. Just make sure to check out the Dynamic Weight Capacity of the cross bars, it should be more than the tent's weight. Also, check that the separation of the racks is not longer than the length of the RTT.
Is compatible with a jeep that has the hard top removed?
If it has cross bars, yes it can be mounted.
We have a 2013 Subaru Forester. Can we mount this on the roof rack and crossbars that came standard with the car?
Hello! The mounting brackets of the tent are made so that they adapt to almost all roof racks, so yes, they will definitely work with those crossbars. We would also recommend to check that the dynamic weight capacity of those racks is higher than the weight of the RTT (130-140 Lbs). Hope this helps!
What is the total weight of tent including annex? Thx
The tent weighs 135 Lbs and the Annex 10 Lbs (aprox.), for a total of 145-150 Lbs. Hope this helps!