Ranger Roof Top Tent - 3 Person Capacity - Annex Included - by Tuff Stuff
Tuff Stuff has been impressing everyone in the roof top tent industry thanks to the incredible quality of their tents.
The Ranger is not an exception.
The tent itself, can be easily mounted into any cross-bars or roof racks.
The Ranger can be setup in just 5 minutes with no effort, all hardware needed to install it is included with the purchase.
It will comfortably fit 3 people, 2 adults and a child or even a pet. Plus, it includes an annex room free of cost, which can easily accommodate another mattress for more people, pets, or simply to store chairs, a table or luggage.
The annex itself can be used as a private changing room, so you can finally change clothes whilst standing up in a dry area.
All bedding can be stored inside to free up valuable storage inside of the vehicle, and includes a 2.75" thick foam sleeping mat pre-installed inside, ideal for a good night's sleep.
One of the best choice of roof top tents possible for overlanders. This is a 3-season roof top tent, being able to withstand even the heavier winds and rains.
We offer FREE SHIPPING! Delivery does NOT include Lift Gate, so make sure to have someone else available with you to receive it!
- Manufactured from high quality polyester/cotton wind proof fabric
- Heavy duty zippers
- Includes a polyester rain fly with the best water shedding ability on the market
- Upper air vents for warm air discharge
- 3 “NO SEE-UM MESH” screened windows with awnings
- High density foam mattress with removable & washable cover
- Pull out overhead veranda
- FREE zip on Annex room included as a free gift (a $200 value!)
- FREE PVC shoe storage bag
- FREE hanging gear hammock
- Unfolds off of either side of the vehicle (Side or Rear)
- All aluminum frame, ladder and roof rack mounts
- All necessary hardware for complete installation (including tools)
- Heavy duty PVC driving cover
- Rainfly: 420D Polyester/Oxford material with waterproof Polyurethane coating for maximum water resistance. Sheds water instantly. Eliminates 50% of overhead light. Poly/Oxford material maintains elasticity while the p/u coating maintains water resistance for longevity and moisture free environment inside of the tent
Tent Fabric Material: 280g Poly/Cotton Rip Stop Fabric with Waterproof Polyurethane coating for maximum water resistance. Breathable UV & Mold Resistant.
- Closed Dimensions: 14" H x 56" W x 48" L
- Open Base Dimensions: 56" W x 96" L x 52" H
- Open Dimensions With Overhang: 56" W x 132" L x 52" H
- Mattress Size: 56" x 96" x 2.75" thick
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Install time is approx 1-2 hours with 2 people. Detailed instructions included.
- Annex room zips on after the tent has been installed. All necessary spikes included.
- All necessary hardware included (even the tools) to mount to most all roof racks using the custom extruded aluminum channel system
- Ideal mounting height for the tent would be 76″-78″ above the ground to allow for the ladder to extend and annex to hang to the ground.
- **MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN ROOF RACK OR BASE FOR TENT TO BOLT TO**
Ranger Roof Top Tent Installation Video:
Ranger Roof Top Tent Opening & Closing Video:
***If you're not sure whether your vehicle has the right roof rack, please take a look at our roof rack collection, most of which will be able to support this roof top tent.***
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information, go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to brand shipping times may vary. However, you order will most likely be at your place between 5 to 14 days after you placed it.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
What To Do Before Accepting Shipment?
If your order has shipped please note that the tracking number may not be active until it reaches a freight terminal. This could take 1 to 2 business days from the date of this email.
Please inspect your package for damage prior to signing for it.
Off Road Tents takes pride in its products and packaging. Every tent that we ship out is properly classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Also each package is in the proper condition for transportation according to applicable regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or international agencies.
Once your order is signed for at the delivery point, the package becomes your property and thus, our liability ends as far as shipping damage is concerned. Help protect yourself from loss or damage, or an uncomfortably painful claims process by:
1. Before Signing for your order, inspect the box or boxes for freight loss or damage. Red flags are punctures or any sign of forklift damage.
2. If any of the product(s) appear to be damaged or crushed do not accept delivery. Refuse the shipment and it will be sent back for processing.
3. It is extremely important that you inspect the box and tent (in case the item purchased is a tent) for damage BEFORE you sign to receive the tent. Please take photos of the box on the pallet exactly as it arrives. Please note, the driver will not help with damage inspection. IF you even suspect there could be damage to your item, please take pictures of the damage and REFUSE the delivery. That way the carrier will send it back to us and we'll process a new shipment.
4. Get a copy of the signed delivery receipt that shows the freight loss or damage notation, and send it to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Contact Off Road Tents immediately at 1.844.200.3979
If you accept a damaged delivery, and/or there is freight loss and/or the damage is not noted at the time of delivery, Off Road Tents cannot be held liable for any replacement costs related to the shipment. Protect yourself from this by examining before you sign. Refusing delivery when damaged helps Off Road Tents win the case against the carrier, and replacing your item.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
Tuff Stuff Ranger Overland 3 Person Roof Top Tent & Annex Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hello! Is the floor of the Annex removable? Thank you.
Yes it is!
I have 2 door jk. Will this fit my 2 door with a gobi roof rack?
Yes, as long as your gobi rack has the two cross bars on the upper side of the rack, it will work perfectly.
Is this product compatable with front runner racks?
Yes of course, I would recommend you to by the Front Runner Roof Top Tent mount kit, it will make your life easier.
Will it fit a 2002 Cadillac Escalade?
If the Escalade has the appropriate rack or cross bars, then yes. Absolutely.
Will it work with a 2019 subaru outback
Yes, it will fit. Just make sure to have the adequate crossbars and you will be all set.
Is it compatible with the Olympic quick and easy roof rack, there rack is rated at 250lbs? https://www.extremeterrain.com/olympic-4x4-quick-n-easy-rack-textured-black-jk-908-174.html
Yes, the mounting brackets would work with that rack. Just make sure to check out the Dynamic Weight Capacity of the cross bars, it should be more than the tent's weight. Also, check that the separation of the racks is not longer than the length of the RTT.
Is compatible with a jeep that has the hard top removed?
If it has cross bars, yes it can be mounted.
We have a 2013 Subaru Forester. Can we mount this on the roof rack and crossbars that came standard with the car?
Hello! The mounting brackets of the tent are made so that they adapt to almost all roof racks, so yes, they will definitely work with those crossbars. We would also recommend to check that the dynamic weight capacity of those racks is higher than the weight of the RTT (130-140 Lbs). Hope this helps!
What is the total weight of tent including annex? Thx
The tent weighs 135 Lbs and the Annex 10 Lbs (aprox.), for a total of 145-150 Lbs. Hope this helps!