Sportsman - 3 Person Hardshell Roof Top Tent - Made In USA - by Roost Tents
Roost tents is becoming one of the most talked about names in the rooftop tent industry. The Sportsman is their best model, a Hardshell with a capacity to fit 3 people, 2 adults and a smaller person or a kid. Best feature: made in USA. You heard it, manufactured and assembled in America. The durability and quality of this Roof Top Tent are one of the best.
The Sportsman comes in two options: Black Shell with Cameo Fabric, or Gray Shell with Cameo Fabric.
The shell is made of an incredibly durable and resistant 1/4" fiberglass, with a base finish of highs strength marine resin. The fabric is a 600D polyester fabric, one of the strongest in the market. It is Flammable Resistant, as well as water, UV and Mildew resistant. It has stitched seams, excellent breathability, heavy duty zippers and even a skirt that fits over the edge of the shell base as to keep rain away from the inside.
The roof top tent has three spacious doors for accessibility and air flow, all with coated screen mesh to keep creatures away. Also, the tent fabric can be fully removed as to convert the RTT into a cargo carrier for tools, ski equipment and more.
The RTT is designed to fit any traditional rack system (Thule, Yakima, Rhino Rack), and it comes with universal mounting brackets, which are corrosion resistant and galvanized. They adjust to any cross s bar spread, and standard tools tighten them.
It also includes lockable rear latches, heavy duty fastening hinges, with hinge bolts seated through reinforced metal plate inside the fiberglass for strength and durability.
The tent includes a standard 8.5 feet telescoping aluminum ladder (larger option available), and a 2" thick foam mattress (thicker option available).
Free Shipping! Shipping is of maximum 7 days.
- USA Made
- 3 Person Capacity
- Fits Any Traditional Rack System (Thule, Yakima, Rhino Rack)
- Corrosion resistant galvanized metal components
- Fabric: 600 Denier Solution Dyed Polyester (Flammable Resistant - CPAI 84 Rating)
- Water, UV and Mildew Resistant
- Heavy duty zippers
- Stitched seams
- 3 large screen doors, with double coated screen mesh material
- Heavy-Duty locking latches in the rear
- Latches mounted to a tightly secure lid to minimize travel vibration
- Heavy-Duty injection molded nylon fastening hinges
- Hinge bolts seated through reinforced metal plate inside fiberglass shell for strength and durability
- Heavy-Duty gas lifter shocks lift unit lid
- Hardshell made of 1/4" fiberglass composite wall
- Base finish of highs strength marine resin
- Shell Colors Available: Black & Grey.
- Fabric Colors Available: Cameo
- 5 Year Warranty in Defects in material and workmanship
- Free Shipping!
- Size Open: 90.5" L x 57" W x 59" H
- Size Closed: 90.5" L x 57" W x 13" H
- Weight: 163 lbs
- Side Doors: 30" W x 33.5" H
- Rear Door: 33" W x 46" H
- 3 Person Capacity
- 2" Thick foam mattress
- Standard 8.5 Feet telescoping aluminum ladder (stow size 27: long)
- 4 Universal Mounting Brackets
- Fabric Hammock Shelf to hold clothing and other light gear
- Side punches to store valuables such as keys, cell phones and other gadgets
- Optional Mattress 3" thick
- Optional Ladder 10.5 Feet telescoping aluminum ladder (stow size 29" long)
The moment you place your order you will receive order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail or phone to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and get to work preparing your order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within seven business days from the date of your order.
We will send you shipping confirmation within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
From brand to bran shipping times may vary. iKamper takes around 30 days to arrive, however all other brands will most likely be at your place between 5 to 10 days after you plced the order.
If you do not receive shipping confirmation from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery.
If your item(s) do arrived damaged please send photos to email@example.com, then visit our Returns page and lodge your return claim online.
Why Shop With Us
We understand you've got alot of choice when it comes to Roof Top Tents and overlanding retailers online. But here's why we think you should shop with us at Off Road Tents
We aim to offer the BEST customer service. Got any doubts? Call us at any time.
Every order above $300 gets Free Shipping, and No Taxes. The price you see is the price you get.
Safe And Secure Shopping. We offer an SSL Service which will protect your credit card from any risks.
- All tents have a similar installation process, but they might vary a little, that is why we recommend you reading carefully THROUGH EACH PRODUCT MANUAL, as well as watching their videos (most are online, or you can ask us to send them to you).
- Tools needed: A Phillips head screwdriver, a box cutter, a second 13 mmm ratcheting wrench, a 10mm ratcheting wrench and a heck saw.
- Before mounting them onto a roof rack, flat rack or crossbar, the first step is removing your newly bought RTT from the box, as well as all the bits and pieces included (all RTTs WILL include all the necessary installation parts and a manual).
- Take the tent out of the box and place it on a clean surface with the straps faced DOWN. Set aside the mounting racks. Remove the protective plastic from the tent with the box cutter. Undo the straps from the sides of the tent and across the base.
- Open the tent, and take from inside of it all the contents. Most brands will include a tent cover, rainfly, ladder, mattress, and a pouch with the hardware, tools and parts.
- Most RTTs will include the following tools and hardware (see Image as an example): 2 bungees, 2 ladder brackets, 8 aluminum channel sliders with bolts and nuts, 4 end caps, four steel mounting plates, the needed wrenches, and four medium sized bolts with washers.
- Then, time for the action. Grab the mounting tracks of the RTT; place them on the tent base parallel to the hinges, aligning the holes in the tracks with the holes in the base.
- Grab the nuts, remove them from the four medium sized bolts and slide them into the mounting channels, as to align them to the holes in the base.
- Then take the bolts each with two washers, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base.
- Screw them into the pre drilled holes and the nuts you just put in the tracks.
- Once the tracks are on, you need turn/flip the tent over to install the ladder.
- Grab the Ladder Brackets and unscrew the bolts on each bracket, so that you can position over the pre-drilled holes at the edge of the tent base.
- Take the longer bolts each with the washer, and slide them between the mattress and the tent base, into the pre-drilled holes and up through the ladder bracket.
- Attach each one with a nut and leave them loose.
- Then grab the ladder and through the holes at the end of it, join it to the by passing the remaining length of the bolt through the holes in the ladder end. Then add another nut and tighten it on both sides.
- Then rotate the ladder a few times, before tightening the bolts of the brackets to the base.
- Then secure the ladder with the straps (most tents should have them), and then reattach the side straps of the tent to secure it.
- Once all the parts have been installed, make sure you put the travel cover on top of the tent. It is a very easy process that barely needs explanation; just make sure you close the zippers carefully to prevent the tent fabric catching to the zipper.
- Time to place the tent on top of the vehicle. Since they weigh over 120 lbs, you will want the help of someone to do it.
- Mounting the tent mounting tracks depends on whether you have side rails or cross bars, and if you want the tent to open towards the side of the car or towards the back. In this step-by-step guide we will use a side mounting as an example on top of cross bars.
- Place the mounting racks in the base of the tent, PERPENDICULAR to your roof rack bars.
- Then, fit two aluminum channel sliders and bolts into each end of the mounting track, so that there is a bolt on either side of the roof rack bar. Repeat this process at each of the 4 points where the racks and mounting racks cross.
- Once this is done, fit a steel mounting plate on the bolts and under the roof rack bar, and secure them with nuts and tighten them with a wrench.
- Insert the rubber end caps into the end of the mounting tracks to avoid water or other materials going in there. You might need to hammer them in, but don’t be too aggressive.
- It is INSTALLED!
- Now, to open it, release the side straps, pull back the ladder until it locks out and use it as leverage to open the tent.
- Make sure all rungs of the ladder are locked into the edge.
- Before getting into the tent, make sure the hinges are properly engaged.
- Then unclasp the awnings and find the predrilled holes for the rainfly rods.
- Insert at a 45-degree angle and hook through the grommet.
- You are READY!
Roost USA Sportsman Hardshell Roof Top Tent Reviews
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.